Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I slipped up - but it works!

I slipped up - but it works! 16 Jul 2006 15:24 #2381

• lzalvis
  • lzalvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Sometimes you don't realize something is working so well until you slip up . I've been really strict on the diet for a few weeks now, and have been doing well. I'm currently at the end of my follicular phase, and last night my husband and I had a movie 'date'. Besides free movie tickets, we also had free coupons for popcorn and soda. Well, you guessed it, I decided to indulge since it was free - had popcorn and a diet Coke (caffeine and aspartame).

On the car ride home, I started to feel terrible - headache, dizzy, nauseous, I felt like I was drunk or something. However, I was very excited to recognize this reaction by my body, and know that I'm on the right track! My husband realized it, too, and he put me to bed where I was out like a light in a matter of seconds.

I slipped up - but it works! 16 Jul 2006 16:25 #2382

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laura,

Thanks so much for your very informative post, I'm finding it a very interesting reaction, I'm so glad you were able to pin point the cause of your problems. Have you ever reacted to the diet coke before? How about the popcorn? Some people who are gluten intolerant are also sensitive to corn.

Just a thought.

I slipped up - but it works! 19 Jul 2006 01:46 #2383

• lzalvis
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
yes, I've reacted to Diet coke before. I have been off of Caffeine entirely for a couple years. I rarely have popcorn, and have been aspartame-free for a few weeks. So I guess it was a combination of things.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.050 seconds