Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I was in denial that I might be gluten intolerant

I was in denial that I might be gluten intolerant 12 Oct 2006 01:38 #2386

• jmolly
  • jmolly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I had contacted Debra about 2 months ago. My PMS symptoms had been getting progressively worse over the years and I was intrigued with her recommendations. Two of the most difficult symptoms were insomnia and anxiety. I also had nausea, muscle aches, and foggy thinking. Last year I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and candida.

Debra reviewed my history with me. My mother has not been formerly diagnosed but has the symptoms for Celiac Disease. My son is allergic to wheat. Duh, I was in denial that I might be gluten intolerant. The first day I went gluten free I slept through the night. I have been sleeping soundly through the night and my anxiety has disappeared. The last 2 months the only symptoms have been increased tiredness. Definitely something I can live with.

I was in denial that I might be gluten intolerant 13 Oct 2006 14:04 #2387

• jmolly
  • jmolly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Jmolly,

Such wonderful news, congratulations on sticking with the diet and finding out even without a formal diagnosis women can be gluten intolerant and the best remedy is removing all gluten. Chances are your mother is a Celiac as well as your son, sometimes it just doesn't show up in a blood test or biopsy. Removing gluten is the final test, in my opinion. You know your body better than anyone.

I'm finding the experts in Celiacs and gluten intolerance disagree on when to remove the toxic elements of gluten just to get a diagnosis. If you know you have a problem with gluten and by removing it from your diet your health and symptoms inprove- is proof enough. You may also want to look into the stool testing through Enterolab.com.

You may want to check [b:2c89a4fa7f]everything[/b:2c89a4fa7f] you are ingesting, you'd be amazed at where hidden gluten can be. You will also need to be aware of cross contamination. Check out the list of products and ingredients to avoid under the clients gluten-free forum.

- Are you using the same toaster for wheat bread and your gluten free breads?
- The double dipping of contaminated butter, peanut butter, margarine, sandwich spreads with glutenated knives, spoons, utensils....etc.
- Also be aware that many vitamins and medications can have gluten in them
- One last note: Wheat Free doesn't necessarily mean gluten free, read all ingredients for derivatives of wheat, rye, barley and cross contaminated oats.

You could still be getting a very small dose that's still causing your fatigue.

Thank you for your wonderful post and please come back and let us know how you're doing on your next cycle.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.046 seconds