Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: It works

It works 10 Dec 2006 17:12 #2399

• jr
  • jr's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
First, I want to take a moment to thank Debra for all of her help and guidance. I am 48 years old and have been suffering from PMDD for many years. When I found her website and read about the Cycle Diet I was hopeful that maybe, finally something would help. After talking to Debra and being tested, I learned that I was sensitive to gluten and started to follow her recommendations for the diet and vitamin protocol. I have to tell you that after just 2 cycles how much better I am feeling. It is a real challenge at times to eat gluten free and trying to remember (at my age) what not to eat, is hard, but so worth it. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again for everything Debra!

It works 10 Dec 2006 19:41 #2400

• jr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Joan,

Thank you so much for posting your results here on the support board. :D It helps for others to see that it's possible to beat PMDD and other neurological symptoms due to malabsorption caused by a gluten sensitivity.

I know how hard it's been for you to stick with it during your travels and vacation get-a-ways- so congratulations to you for your determination to manage. It does get easier as you learn more about gluten-free dining.

I think it's rather amazing how fast your symptoms resolved despite falling off the diet a couple times through the holidays (this is normally the case for many through the holidays)

My hope is more women decide to explore gluten intolerance as a possible cause of their hormonal problems. Getting tested for food intolerance's and sensitivities is only half the battle. Living a gluten-free life can be so hard in the beginning, but knowing you will get your health, energy and life back is so worth it.

Gluten intolerance is never something someone thinks could be the cause of cyclical problems in women, which is why it's so important to talk with a knowledgeable practitioner when seeking a diagnosis or dietary advice.

Thanks again Joan,

I can't wait to hear how you're doing in another cycle.

It works 27 Feb 2007 10:16 #2398

• jr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Joan,

How are things going?

It works 27 Feb 2007 13:15 #2394

• jr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Debra,

I was just on your website last night and was going to post, but started reading so much that I got tired.....what I did see that was interesting is that you mentioned something about "The Secret" and I was invited to a group this week to discuss it, kind of like a study group. 

I am doing much better.  I am totally gluten free, unless it is a complete accident or oversight.  My head feels so much clearer, much more "normal thoughts", not so gloomy.  My PMDD is reduced to only a day or 2, instead of 2 entire weeks, and on the bad days, they really are not that bad.  My fingernails look like they did when I was taking pre-natal vitamins and I am FINALLY sleeping.  The sleep started when I was prescribed some supplements by my Chiropractor.  The results of some testing have come back and the main thing that he is treating right now is Adrenal Fatique.  I use this cream at bedtime and it started working instantley, I am actually dreaming again.  I take 2 other herbs from Standard Process, Drenatrophin PMG and Withania Complex.  I have 2 more viles to "collect" saliva in for my month-long hormone test, which should end this week, so I will send that off for a mere $225.00 and get the results of the hormone panel in a couple of weeks.  I am having my daughter tested for wheat, soy, milk and egg allergies and she had the hair test done as well.  His wheat test is from saliva, what do you think about that? (before I spend another $50)

He tested my wheat allery and it came back negative.....because I have not been eating it?

How are you and what are y ou doing up so early?  Oh, and the only thing that he has said that is different from you about diet is the butter thing.  He said he thinks that it is okay to eat butter, and not I can't believe its not butter.

I will post my progress soon.

Joan

It works 27 Feb 2007 15:24 #2397

• jr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Joan,

Thanks for your update. Sounds like wonderful news, sleeping again. I don't know much about the herbs you are taking so I can't really comment on them, but if you find that they're working for you then all I can say is great. My only worry, if you can call it that, is limited to no research to back up long-term use. I will see if I can find some on-line. Did you Chiro supply you with any by chance, so you know what  contraindications there might be?

I think it's a great idea to get your daughter tested, but remember if she should test negative now doesn't necessarily mean she'll test negative at a later date. You mentioned that she could be experiencing some similar symptoms. I would always suggest you have her do the enterolab test, but it's up to you. It sounds like you really like this Chiro.

I think I'll start another thread about The Secret so just in case anyone else wants to make a comment or two.

It works 27 Feb 2007 17:53 #2395

• jr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Debra,

My Chrio did not say anything about long-term use or contradictions.  He did say that I would not be on anything forever, as my body heals, he will change my supplements.  I will be re-tested in a few months to see what has changed and go from there.  He reminds me alot of you, he spends alot of time listening and seems to genuinely care about good heatlh and well being.  He has not shoved a ton of product my way and is taking baby steps to healing.  He had me write down everything that I ate for 2 weeks and gave me a gold star!  The only thing that I am doing wrong, is drinking my one cup of French Vanilla Cafe in the a.m.(too much sugar and junk in it) but since I have to limit so many other unhealty things, he said he would let me slide!  You have trained me well in the diet department! 

Thanks,

Joan

It works 27 Feb 2007 18:00 #2393

• jr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder

one cup of French Vanilla Cafe in the a.m.(too much sugar and junk in it)

Joan,

You're golden,  :) and Good for him, I think I might like this Chiropractor. I'm very excited for you. It's so important to find someone who will listen to you. It's like putting one puzzle piece together at a time until you have a full picture.

p.s.

I thought you had given up the French Vanilla Cafe! I totally understand, it's hard to give up bread, AND your favorite coffee--- great work.

It works 27 Feb 2007 19:12 #2396

• jr
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Debra,

I did give up the French Vanilla Cafe, but could not find a sutable replacement!  (including real vanilla, organic coffee,  etc.) and nothing worked.  Green tea, yellow tea, yada, yada, yada, a big fat zero! ThAT'S IT!

Joan
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds