Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Great Results on The Cycle Diet

Great Results on The Cycle Diet 24 Mar 2007 04:21 #2409

• Blue
  • Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
    Hello, It has been more than a year since I have been on the cycle diet.  Primarily the vitamins and supplements, multi, D3, Calcium, C, flaxseed oil, primrose oil, probiotic, and my molasses, (1tbs a day) has kept me symptom free, however lately my periods started changing with an increase in my symptoms, night sweats, headaches, anger.  I am trying Progesterone cream from day 14-28.  It seems to be helping.  Do you have any thoughts or opinions on using the cream?  I am 46, no kids, taking no synthetic hormones.
Thanks, Dawn

Great Results on The Cycle Diet 14 May 2007 12:34 #2410

• Blue
  • Blue's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Dawn :),

It's so nice to hear from you again after so long. Congratulations on your great results. Progesterone cream has helped many women get through perimenopause, but I would first have your hormone levels tested if you can, 46 is not an unusual time to experience skipped or very short cycles, an indication that you didn't ovulate. Long cycles are also an indication of non-ovulation so it really is an individual situation- everyone is different.

One other thing- the FDA doesn't regulate OTC progesterone cream so you can't be sure if you're really getting real progesterone or quality cream. You'll see many plant formulas on the shelf toting high absorbable hormones, but they're rather weak and don't to my knowledge absorb through the skin. I would check with a compounding pharmacy or get a recommendation or even a prescription from your doctor to make sure you're getting "the real thing" at the right level.

You probably already have done this, but just in case you prefer to order on-line or experiment with creams you may want to keep that in mind and be sure to read the ingredient list for the source of progesterone.

Anyway I'm so happy to hear things are going well and sticking with the diet will also help you get through perimenopause with fewer complaints and symptoms.

I'll post more information about progesterone in the research board....others are also in your shoes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.057 seconds