Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: My husband thanks you very much!!

My husband thanks you very much!! 30 Jun 2008 19:05 #2436

• amym
  • amym's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
After having tons of exams and tests all that my dr's could come up with was there is nothing wrong with your reproductive system so take prozac the days you have a hard time with PMS. I was so fed up and disgusted that I could have screamed!!!

I started searching on line trying to figure out what was wrong myself since my doc's were no help and I came across the cycle diet website. I am very skeptical of things on line so I had my sons dietician (he has PKU) look it over to make sure it was safe and she said that it was and to give it a try.  It helped me almost as soon as I started it. I couldn't believe how much better I felt - who would have thought that the foods I ate played that big of a part. I would crave sugar and sweets like crazy - not just "oh something sweet sounds kinda good" but like digging through the cupboards to find anything sweet that I could. I also ate a lot of convience foods and processed junk. I was soooo moody, spacey, tired, and at times angry that it was hard to function. I remember laying on the couch in a fog and just wanted to start crying at the thought of having to get up and try to function. And I could hold it together most of the time but when my poor husband would get home he would get the brunt of it. I would have to try to hold it together all day and then when he would get home he got a whole days worth in a couple of hours. So I thank you so much for helping me get my life back but my husband thanks you even more for getting his crazy wife off of his back :)

I also ended up loosing probably 10 - 15 pounds with out even trying!!! That was a very nice perk that I wasn't expecting.

I am going in for my dr. app soon and mentioned to you having tests run for nutrient deficiencies. How should I go about talking to my dr. about that. We recently moved so I have a new Doc who doesn't really know anything about me. And what are some of the main things to test for. I feel soooo much better than before but at times I still have some symptoms (I do fudge at times so it may just be that too) - which I can definitely live with but if I'm missing something I'd like to know. Ya know................

Thank you so much for all of your help!!!
Amy 

My husband thanks you very much!! 30 Jun 2008 21:32 #2437

• amym
  • amym's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for your great post! And You Are So Welcome :D Hug to the husband too.

I know it's hard getting to know a new doctor so if you have a bit of time ask your former doctor's office to send copies of your medical records over either to YOU or to your doctor. Keep in mind your former doctor's office hates to do this.....but they must do it per HIPAA. There may be a small copy charge to you but probably not to your new doctor. These are common courtesies when their patients move.

I'm thinking your appointment is for an annual physical by a primary physician. They should run all the usual tests: CBC, iron status, cholesterol, Thyroid...but just make sure you ask your doctor to give you a base line on your vitamin D level the storage form not the active form. He/She should be more aware of the importance of vitamin D especially since you live in a northern state. If your doctor agrees quickly to that then ask also for a B12 and folate test just to make sure there aren't any problems.

He/She may balk at some of these because they're watched very closely by the insurance companies, but I think the D is the most important at this time.

Good luck and remember to get outside while the UVB rays are good (April-Early September)

Amy you are always welcome to post inside the private consultation forum too if you have any other questions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds