Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: ONE YEAR anniversary and still going strong!

ONE YEAR anniversary and still going strong! 11 Jul 2008 22:06 #2438

• Ellenx3
  • Ellenx3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Debra-

It's my one year anniversary of being on your Cycle Diet! I wanted to check in with an update. I've never been better! I've lost over 50 pounds since I started your program last year! This is the longest I've stuck to any diet. I plan to continue with this diet forever!

How The Cycle Diet works for me-
The Cycle Diet has given me the tools to...
to know WHY my body has different cravings at different times of the month
to know WHEN my hormones are going to be at their highest and to prepare for extra nutritional TLC
and to know HOW to work with my body so it can work efficiently

And the HOW has been crucial in keeping myself and my life PMDD free, depression free and consistently healthy and HAPPY. I am a balanced woman, Debra!

I enjoy so many things about your program! I have had tremendous success with these aspects in particular and have made them a part of my daily life, so much so that they now come as second nature to me.

tracking my hormonal phases- love it!
avoiding any nutrasweet- not a sip of soda in over a year!
avoiding any corn-syrups and processed foods
taking supplements
avoiding dairy
limiting meat during the late luteal phase
avoiding any beef
exercising regularly
and REALLY SPOILING myself in my late luteal phase

I mention the latter because I have had better results when I plan ahead for the last week of my cycle by indulging in extra healthy meals full of vitamin rich foods, (like avocados, salmon, strawberries and walnuts) asking for more help from my family with daily activities, drinking more water, and scheduling extra time for more exercise and sleep. For some reason I don't feel guilty for being selfish during my late luteal phase. Go figure! :)

I also refer back to your website for info on a regular basis. All the information on your site is so helpful- a wonderful resource!

My actual year anniversary was the 1st of July, but I've been so busy that it's taken me this long to write you about it. I really wanted to articulate how well rounded and perfect your program is for someone like me, how it's worked when medications, low-carb, low-cal and low-fat diets have failed, and how much I've gained (and lost!) by following it. THIS YEAR I HAVE GAINED MY LIFE BACK.

I can't wait to tell you all about my 2nd anniversary!

Thank you, truly,
Ellenx3

ONE YEAR anniversary and still going strong! 11 Jul 2008 23:01 #2439

• Ellenx3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
WOW Ellenx3,

What a wonderful testimonial :cool:.......I did not solicit or pay for this one :D

I'm so happy for you and THANK YOU for telling it like it is. Ellen, did you discover that the dairy was the culprit or was it just an accumulation of bad diet habits? Just wondering.

Thank you so much for giving other women hope and don't be a stranger if you'd like to chime in anytime around here.

I can't wait to hear about your second anniversary next year.

Oh and a big CONGRATULATIONS on 50 pounds GONE!

ONE YEAR anniversary and still going strong! 12 Jul 2008 02:45 #2440

• Ellenx3
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Debra-
I don't think it was entirely the dairy's fault, more likely it was just bad eating habits that I was weaning out of my life- like you mentioned. I really only eat a bit of cheese now, usually in the form of parmesan grated on pasta or a bit of mozarella on a taco- maybe a tablespoon every so often- that's it for dairy. And I haven't noticed that effecting me at all.

Thanks for the congrats! I gained a lot of weight over the last few years with babies, labor and delivery recovery, pituitary problems and then PMDD on top of it all. I still have a bit more to lose but I feel great now and am at a MUCH healthier size. More weight lost, and I think the slower the better, will just be icing on the cake!

I'd love to check in again! Your forums are very helpful. And I love to read up on any new nutritional info you come across. That stuff just fascinates me.

Thanks again!

Ellenx3
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds