Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yippee!!

Yippee!! 19 Jul 2008 01:51 #2441

• Southernexposure
  • Southernexposure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Deb and everyone. This is my first month and I am normally seriously bloated and a SUPER jerk by now..( I still felt myself ovulate but it didn't hurt nearly as bad, or last as long.) But I'm not a jerk or bloated, I actually wore a bikini- and looked good in it during my vacation with my husband and kids!! I did everything by the book.. But then opps.. last night bbq ribs and a cheese biscuit and I was SO sick- symptoms: headache, runny nose, stomach ache-in knots, greasy looking diarrhea, I thought I was going to throw up and my stomach was all puffy. I'm get tested this week, I started the gluten free diet right away- I wanted a good vacation. I have no problem cooking and eating cycle and gluten free- easy.. but I wanted to "test the waters". Now that I'm going to the doctor this week do I need to eat wrong in order to get the test results?? :?

PS

I am so happy!! My mood has been even, my head seems clear, I feel smarter, happier, thanks so much!!!

I have also created great recipes with the good ingredients and I will work on the measurements so I can share them with everyone:) I'm working on the "perfect pizza" as my next project.

Yippee!! 19 Jul 2008 01:53 #2442

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Oh I also woke up with a fever blister... whats the deal with that?

Yippee!! 19 Jul 2008 12:35 #2443

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Such good news....SouthernExp!!,

Now you have your answer! Here's SouthernExp intro in case anyone would like to revisit her original post. :) Gluten is toxic to those who can not tolerate it. There are so many people who don't understand the kinds of damage and malabsorption it can cause in the GI tract. I'm also glad you're okay with giving it up. Eliminating wheat, rye, barley and cc contaminated oats can be a very hard thing to do for some people. And, de'nial isn't the longest river in Egypt :D. A little humor, even with a diagnosis some women just don't want to believe it. 

Healthy Pizza? For the crust look for this product Chebe , they make other mixes and it's excellent. There are a few other mixes on the market or once you get into mixing your own GF flours you can also make your own from scratch. Chebe happens to be one of the few mixes receiving high marks in the Celiac community.

Good luck with the testing process, unfortuately you must be consuming gluten for the blood tests to work properly....but if you know your physician very well and have been a patient for a long time he/she may give you a diagnosis with improvements of your labs on the gluten-free diet. Regardless, making the connection yourself may be all you need for confirmation. One other thing..... many people who are gluten sensitive may also have sensitivities to other foods, especially dairy, so pay close attention to any reactions you may have with dairy. As you probably know there are good dairy substitutions available. Oh....and get your mother on a gluten-free diet too so she's able to build bone back or at least stop the osteoporosis from getting worse.

Fever blister...is it on your mouth? It's another sign of gluten intolerance :?

Congratulations again! Please don't hesitate to keep us updated on your progress. I can't wait to see some of your "healthy" recipes....please be sure and post them in the recipe section.

Yippee!! 17 Aug 2008 22:09 #2444

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
to the top.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds