Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Doing great...mostly

Doing great...mostly 01 Aug 2008 16:34 #5887

• Southernexposure
  • Southernexposure's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok so my first month had great results and was almost symptom free no bloating, very little crabbyness, I actually had to look on the calendar to see when my period was due...

Ok here is where all heck broke loose..

So my husband and I go have dinner last night and out to these summer concert series- out pool side really fun every Thursday in the summer. Anyway three glasses of chardonay later and I can't remember a thing....   I have never had alcohol effect me that way- it is like it absorbed more than usual or something... Anyhow the whole thing freaked me out and I'm glad i woke up in my own house this morning.. I think I had my last drink last night...yikes! 

Doing great...mostly 01 Aug 2008 16:59 #5888

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
<<Chuckle>> Yes the ol' hyper-sensitivity to alcohol in the luteal phase syndrome :D a very common occurrence. Remember to stay away from alcohol in the luteal phase. I hope you remember this lesson. For some reason(s) women become a bit more sensitive to alcohol in the luteal phase. Do you have a hangover? Probably. You're getting back to normal in regards to your vitamin/mineral/nutrient levels so....be careful. Your gut is healing...so you'll be absorbing more nutrients..yes ethanol is considered a source of energy and it burns first before carbohydrates, protein and then fat and uses most of the very same vitamins and minerals necessary for a normal cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if you show a few extra symptoms this time around. 

You can recover of course. How's the gluten-free diet going?

I hope you don't mind, I'm going to move this post into the blog section so you can add updates to your journey.  you'll see the "moved" link in the testimonial forums.:)

Doing great...mostly 02 Aug 2008 00:48 #5889

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Doing great with the gluten free..

Somethings I've noticed:

Not as hungry

Skin looks nicer not as dry

Not as tired

Feeling generally healithier

Doing great...mostly 02 Aug 2008 11:42 #5890

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Southernexp,

Did you ever get to your doctor for testing? I was just wondering because it will be much more difficult to get a Celiac diagnosis now. However if previous lab results were low in several areas such as; total blood count, iron, vitamin D, B12, B6, liver enzymes......and they improve with the diet then you may still be able to get a diagnosis.

How are you handling dairy? Many people also experience a lactose intolerance with Celiac for a while until villi are healed.

Doing great...mostly 02 Aug 2008 14:24 #5891

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I don't really eat dairy..

Since I am lactose intolerant ...

I was fed soy milk as a baby..

I am ok with some cheeses, but milk and ice cream make me super sick.

Doing great...mostly 02 Aug 2008 14:34 #5892

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Did you ever get tested for Celiac?

Doing great...mostly 02 Aug 2008 19:48 #5893

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I have an appointment with my doctor for August 13..

Should I do the fecal test instead- before then?

Doing great...mostly 03 Aug 2008 02:48 #5894

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

You can see if you still test positive for Celiac, but you may have been gluten-free just a little too long. I hate to tell you to start eating gluten again since you've already given it up with great results. You can do the fecal test too as a comparison. You may want to call your insurance company and find out if they will cover the Enterolab test tho.

Doing great...mostly 16 Aug 2008 22:37 #5895

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
So I went back on gluten for one day so I could test positive.. I was so sick the next day I couldn't tolerate it. So without a formal test I am confident I'm gluten intolerant.

So today's question..

I notice the folllowing:

1. My joints and muscles are not so sore

2. Major increase in sex drive- I have felt like not doing it for about 6 years after the birth of my second child when I was 30.

3. Sleeping better

4. I cough less, when I'd get up in the morning I have always had a tickle in my throat and had to blow my nose.. I know yuckie, but not so much now

So, what do you think?

Doing great...mostly 17 Aug 2008 02:03 #5896

• Southernexposure
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
[user=564]Southernexposure[/user] wrote:

So I went back on gluten for one day so I could test positive.. I was so sick the next day I couldn't tolerate it. So without a formal test I am confident I'm gluten intolerant. :D yep, then you won't need a formal diagnosis...and it sounds like you're pretty sensitive as well.

So today's question..

I notice the following:

1. My joints and muscles are not so sore Great!, yes sore joints (AKA the beginning of rheumatoid arthritis) and better muscle coordination are also indication of gluten. Is there anyone else in your family with rheumatoid arthritis?

2. Major increase in sex drive- I have felt like not doing it for about 6 years after the birth of my second child when I was 30. Your husband must be very happy ;)

3. Sleeping better (indication of better vitamin B6 absorption)

4. I cough less, when I'd get up in the morning I have always had a tickle in my throat and had to blow my nose.. I know yucky, but not so much now Yes, I have heard this happening. Let me see, I think I can find you a link somewhere on one of the Celiac forums that talks specifically about this.

So, what do you think?

I think you're going to be starting your business again :D

Be sure and take advantage of all the gluten-free forums below. I want to hear about your attempt at that best ever gluten free pizza. I have a recipe for great pizza crust and you might also like to visit this Celiac forum thread about Chebe pizza, they have quite a sense of humor about it.

Here's that link with a LIST of Gluten intolerant Symptoms...it's a long one You may also like this one too. After going gluten free.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds