Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: From Miss G

From Miss G 01 Sep 2009 21:18 #2459

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
This was posted on another topic and I thought it needed it's own topic/post. Thank you Miss G for letting us know of your success, keep it up and you'll see even more improvements. I don't get many bi-lingual women from Mexico hitting my website. I did have a nutrition instructor from Mexico City use my website in her class. Maybe now with the new Google translate button we'll see more non-English traffic. In any language PMS/PMDD means women suffer needlessly.

Congratulations again on your success...Are you by chance following the gluten-free diet or dairy-free diet? From the sounds of things (hypothyroid, hypoglycemic) it may be gluten. 

Hello,

I don't want to make this long, but I want you to know that I haven't got a normal month since I was 37, (now I am 42). I wanted to wait until 2 or 3 cycles were completed as you suggest, but changes in my cravings, fatigue, mood are already so dramatically that I had to thank you. (I am ending my first period on the diet).

I live in a country where access to the best gynecologist, best nutritionist, best psychiatrist, is very expensive, so basically I have worked for them, for the past years without any changes.

I am in tears writing this (maybe still a symptom remaining... jaja) cause you have changed my so deteriorated life ! I cannot recognize myself, I am even scared, what am I going to do with my life now?, now that I can actually live !.  I had left everything a side, I didn't have any interests other than trying to survive, keeping my job, trying so hard not to binge drastically, so that I would not spend my "good follicular days" in depression cause of the weight gain and doing drastic hypo caloric diets to get rid of it.

It has been 5 years since I haven't been able to loose weight, I have now, almost 5 pounds in this first period. I will thank you forever ! I am looking forward for my second month and analyze the changes, I am very meticulous marking down my symptoms.

God bless you ! and I am sorry but I am not willing to share this info. with my gynecologist, nor the other doctors!  I even was prescribed as hypoglycemic and with hypothyroidism, for the phantom symptoms! it is incredible...

Very truly yours,
Gabriela

From Miss G 02 Sep 2009 15:23 #2458

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thank you very much Debra, I have told some of my friends about your site but they are not sufferers, I will promote it for sure, it's life changing ! although I am not sure all women listens to their bodies as they should.

I am on the dairy-free diet, I had a very dairy dependent-high protein diet before starting with you, I even recently consumed whey protein supplement as suggested by my personal trainer ( I went to hell ), I even took some days off from work, cause  I couldn't continue ... and I found you !  and your site and your job ... and I am saved! I would like to meet you some day cause,  right now... you are the most important person in my life!... :D

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism by 2 endocrinologists, went to see other 2 which disagreed cause the TSH  was normal, T4 was low, so they agreed and said I had depression and anxiety disorder, went to psychiatrist,  I was on medication for one week and decided to quit, I somehow knew that wasn't the path I wanted to follow.

Then the nutritionist sent me the 3 hour glucose/insulin tolerance test and resulted on hypoglycemia, which again the "good" endocrinologist said that those tests were abnormal and shouldn't be used no more, as my mother has diabetes II,  I have always have been careful with my diet but couldn't ever control the binging on the lutheal phase.  I told everyone that it only happened 15 days on the month, no one listened.:(

So, so far I haven't though about gluten at all, I do not even know all the products that may contain it... but I will read and I would do everything that you suggest me to. I have to do a check up on my hormones in November, maybe we could have a private session ...

All my admiration ! best,
G.

From Miss G 02 Sep 2009 16:20 #2460

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Gabriela,

Okay, good to know dairy is not your friend. Dairy and the proteins in dairy can cause many of the same problems in women as gluten. I totally understand, I too have an intolerance to lactose and sometimes overdoing lactose free dairy can make me grumpy so I avoid all dairy during the luteal phase.

Keep up the good work and make sure you understand where the hidden dairy is in processed foods. I do like these websites:

http://www.godairyfree.org/

http://nomilk.com/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2009/aug/19/living-with-food-allergies

Let me know how you do next cycle okay? You take care and let me know if you have any questions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds