Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Open to Public. Tell us about your success so others are inspired.
  • Page:

TOPIC: From Miss G

From Miss G 01 Sep 2009 21:18 #2459

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
This was posted on another topic and I thought it needed it's own topic/post. Thank you Miss G for letting us know of your success, keep it up and you'll see even more improvements. I don't get many bi-lingual women from Mexico hitting my website. I did have a nutrition instructor from Mexico City use my website in her class. Maybe now with the new Google translate button we'll see more non-English traffic. In any language PMS/PMDD means women suffer needlessly.

Congratulations again on your success...Are you by chance following the gluten-free diet or dairy-free diet? From the sounds of things (hypothyroid, hypoglycemic) it may be gluten. 

Hello,

I don't want to make this long, but I want you to know that I haven't got a normal month since I was 37, (now I am 42). I wanted to wait until 2 or 3 cycles were completed as you suggest, but changes in my cravings, fatigue, mood are already so dramatically that I had to thank you. (I am ending my first period on the diet).

I live in a country where access to the best gynecologist, best nutritionist, best psychiatrist, is very expensive, so basically I have worked for them, for the past years without any changes.

I am in tears writing this (maybe still a symptom remaining... jaja) cause you have changed my so deteriorated life ! I cannot recognize myself, I am even scared, what am I going to do with my life now?, now that I can actually live !.  I had left everything a side, I didn't have any interests other than trying to survive, keeping my job, trying so hard not to binge drastically, so that I would not spend my "good follicular days" in depression cause of the weight gain and doing drastic hypo caloric diets to get rid of it.

It has been 5 years since I haven't been able to loose weight, I have now, almost 5 pounds in this first period. I will thank you forever ! I am looking forward for my second month and analyze the changes, I am very meticulous marking down my symptoms.

God bless you ! and I am sorry but I am not willing to share this info. with my gynecologist, nor the other doctors!  I even was prescribed as hypoglycemic and with hypothyroidism, for the phantom symptoms! it is incredible...

Very truly yours,
Gabriela

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you

From Miss G 02 Sep 2009 15:23 #2458

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Thank you very much Debra, I have told some of my friends about your site but they are not sufferers, I will promote it for sure, it's life changing ! although I am not sure all women listens to their bodies as they should.

I am on the dairy-free diet, I had a very dairy dependent-high protein diet before starting with you, I even recently consumed whey protein supplement as suggested by my personal trainer ( I went to hell ), I even took some days off from work, cause  I couldn't continue ... and I found you !  and your site and your job ... and I am saved! I would like to meet you some day cause,  right now... you are the most important person in my life!... :D

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism by 2 endocrinologists, went to see other 2 which disagreed cause the TSH  was normal, T4 was low, so they agreed and said I had depression and anxiety disorder, went to psychiatrist,  I was on medication for one week and decided to quit, I somehow knew that wasn't the path I wanted to follow.

Then the nutritionist sent me the 3 hour glucose/insulin tolerance test and resulted on hypoglycemia, which again the "good" endocrinologist said that those tests were abnormal and shouldn't be used no more, as my mother has diabetes II,  I have always have been careful with my diet but couldn't ever control the binging on the lutheal phase.  I told everyone that it only happened 15 days on the month, no one listened.:(

So, so far I haven't though about gluten at all, I do not even know all the products that may contain it... but I will read and I would do everything that you suggest me to. I have to do a check up on my hormones in November, maybe we could have a private session ...

All my admiration ! best,
G.

From Miss G 02 Sep 2009 16:20 #2460

• Debra
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Gabriela,

Okay, good to know dairy is not your friend. Dairy and the proteins in dairy can cause many of the same problems in women as gluten. I totally understand, I too have an intolerance to lactose and sometimes overdoing lactose free dairy can make me grumpy so I avoid all dairy during the luteal phase.

Keep up the good work and make sure you understand where the hidden dairy is in processed foods. I do like these websites:

http://www.godairyfree.org/

http://nomilk.com/

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2009/aug/19/living-with-food-allergies

Let me know how you do next cycle okay? You take care and let me know if you have any questions.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds