Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is for women working on the Gluten-Free and or Dairy-Free Diet plan. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Difference between the GAP diet and SCD

The Difference between the GAP diet and SCD 30 Apr 2013 12:56 #9273

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 129
I get questions about these diets every once in a while and appreciate and do recommend them to some individuals. There is truth in getting gut function back after years of junk food, overly processed convenient pseudo foods laced with additives, artificial colors and pesticides. More and more evidence in research is pointing to GMOs as possible cause seen in the increase in food allergies (peanut), food sensitivities as well as triggers for IBS & IBDs.

The GAP diet as well as the SCD do not specifically address GMO and glyphosate issues yet, but probably will in time. Which is why I recommending organic unprocessed foods and meats whenever possible. Fast food & junk foods are primarily produced from GMOs that have been treated with high levels of herbicides. Until we have a GMO label law, try limiting as many highly processed foods as possible. I worry more about the gut microflora in those with food sensitivities.

I also always recommend you look to the top 8 food allergens (Wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, fish, shellfish, peanuts & tree nuts) first, keeping track of food intake in a daily food log. Watching food additives is also important. I see many food chemical sensitivities. If you are interested in food intolerance or sensitivity testing, please contact me for available options with or without going through your primary physician.

If you are looking for more information regarding the difference between GAPs and the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD) this blog does a very good job.
gapsguide.com/2008/12/05/differences-between-scd-gaps

Debra
(515) 221-0236
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.137 seconds