Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is for women working on the Gluten-Free and or Dairy-Free Diet plan. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: List of Purity Protocol Oats via GFWD

List of Purity Protocol Oats via GFWD 25 Apr 2016 21:04 #10541

• Debra
  • Debra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • CycleDiet Registered Dietitian
  • Thank you received: 128
Many of you may not know that I am a sponsor (supporter) of the Gluten Free Watchdog, run by my good friend and colleague, Tricia Thompson MS RD.

Tricia is herself celiac and MUST avoid any kind of gluten cross-contamination. For those of you who have a celiac diagnosis or are non-celiac gluten sensitive (NCGS) and highly sensitive to any kind of c.c., please follow the advice given by Tricia Thompson by purchasing ONLY oats from producers and millers who follow the pure oats protocol. That means the oats are NOT mechanically sorted to remove wheat, rye and barley. Currently General Mills, Quaker, Bob's Red Mill and Natures Pathway are using mechanically sorted oats they may still have >20ppm gluten in their products, even though the GF label laws requires them to be below that level.

If you need a list of oat producers and brands that follow the pure oat protocol, meaning they're grown on ground never before used to grow gluten containing grains as well as using farm equipment, transportation and storage buildings never used for gluten containing grains, see this link: www.glutenfreewatchdog.org/news/oats-pro...s-and-manufacturers/

For those of you who may not be gluten intolerant, I highly recommend you stick with ORGANIC oats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

One woman's nutrient is another woman's antigen
Listen to your body, it's talking to you
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds