Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is for women working on the Gluten-Free and or Dairy-Free Diet plan. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supplements

Supplements 04 Aug 2008 12:21 #1264

• jmaichin
  • jmaichin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
OK- So I bought Organic Flax Seed Oil- 1000mg

Calcium plus D(600 mg calcium, 400 mg D)

1200 Mg Fish oil

Multivitamin (one a day)

Are these OK? YES

My question is:  the diet says to take 1 calcium source and 1 EFA source 3x per day.  Does that mean I should take a calcium supplement and either a flax or a fish oil supplement with each meal?

Supplements 04 Aug 2008 12:36 #1265

• jmaichin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
You should get 3 calcium sources a day of 250-500 mg of either a food source or a tablet.

You should also get 2-3 essential fatty acids a day, which means 2 fish oil capsules or a fish or flax source. (this is just for a couple cycles...then after a while cut back to 1 capsule a day).

As an example.

Breakfast, you should take your multi-vitamin, 1 fish oil or flax-seed oil or 1 Tbs meal. Flax-seed added to GF cereal is fine to get a bit more fiber. Your calcium/protein source then would be the soy milk.

Then you can take a calcium tablet with lunch, but if you choose to do tuna or any kind of fatty fish you can skip the fish or flax oil.

For calcium, you can also count broccoli, kale or a good amount of spinach. Fortified orange juice also counts. fortified rice milk also counts but make sure it doesn't contain barley malt.....You can also get Soy milk with both calcium and Omega 3.

Does that make sense?

Supplements 04 Aug 2008 16:31 #1266

• jmaichin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Yes, but I do not think I am ready to go totally dairy free yet, I have to take steps to get there.. Is that OK?  I am going to try and stick to the GF and the cycle diet without going dairy free--- I am having a hard time even getting myself to try soy milk... In fact I have never tried soy, and I am nervous that that will be an intolerance source for me since shellfish, treenuts, wheat and eggs are.

Good on the supplements.  I read that a glass of OJ is a calcium source.  Is this correct?

Supplements 04 Aug 2008 16:47 #1267

• jmaichin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
That's not a problem, you need to try and decide what you can tolerate and what you can't.

Supplements 05 Aug 2008 11:47 #1268

• jmaichin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
What about OJ for a calcium source, does that work?

Supplements 05 Aug 2008 12:07 #1269

• jmaichin
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Yes! You can now find many varieties of OJ with calcium, vitamin D, and other vitamins. Sometime you can actually taste the extra vitamins and be sure to shake the container before you pour, the calcium can sometimes end up on the bottom. :D

Supplements 02 Sep 2010 18:08 #4029

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm a bit confused... please confirm...

During the Luteal Phase, take 1 multi-vitamin and 1 flax seed oil caplet at breakfast, 1 flax seed oil or fish oil caplet and calcium tablet at lunch and nothing at dinner.

During the Follicuilar Phase, no supplement at breakfast, 1 flax seed oil or fish oil caplet and calcium tablet at lunch and nothing at dinner.

Supplements 02 Sep 2010 18:18 #4030

• Sherri
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Sherri,

Sorry about the confusion...please see your blog for the answer.

Hit this link to take you there
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds