Forgot Password       

Notice

The forum is in read only mode.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is for women working on the Gluten-Free and or Dairy-Free Diet plan. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about gluten free

Question about gluten free 29 Oct 2010 19:45 #1423

• Victoria5653
  • Victoria5653's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
If you say that a lot of people have this "silently", and my Dr. wont test me, then would it hurt to just go gluten free if it were to ever turn out that I DIDN'T have the sensitivity? Can a gluten free diet hurt you if you're not sensitive or intolerant?

I don't think anything I really eat has it in there. I don't know. I eat organic peanut butter. The ingredients say "peanuts, salt". I don't know if that has it. The rice blend I get from Whole Foods says gluten free. There's some gluten free breads... are they really gluten free? The only thing I would hate to live without is soy milk. Other than that, all I eat is vegetables and beans. What would I have to give up and is it ok to do gluten free if you're not sensitive or intolerant?

Question about gluten free 30 Oct 2010 01:00 #1424

• Victoria5653
  • Victoria5653's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi V.,

It's always best to be tested PRIOR to going on a gluten free diet. PERIOD.

check out www.enterolab.com they can test you for gluten sensitivty. You have to be screened for Celiac by your doctor with a blood test while still consuming wheat, rye and barley. If you go gluten=free it takes only a couple weeks for antibodies to fall. You can still use the stool test while being gluten free or gluten light.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds