Forgot Password       
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This forum is for women working on the Gluten-Free and or Dairy-Free Diet plan. Registered members only.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about gluten free

Question about gluten free 29 Oct 2010 19:45 #1423

• Victoria5653
  • Victoria5653's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
If you say that a lot of people have this "silently", and my Dr. wont test me, then would it hurt to just go gluten free if it were to ever turn out that I DIDN'T have the sensitivity? Can a gluten free diet hurt you if you're not sensitive or intolerant?

I don't think anything I really eat has it in there. I don't know. I eat organic peanut butter. The ingredients say "peanuts, salt". I don't know if that has it. The rice blend I get from Whole Foods says gluten free. There's some gluten free breads... are they really gluten free? The only thing I would hate to live without is soy milk. Other than that, all I eat is vegetables and beans. What would I have to give up and is it ok to do gluten free if you're not sensitive or intolerant?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Question about gluten free 30 Oct 2010 01:00 #1424

• Victoria5653
  • Victoria5653's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi V.,

It's always best to be tested PRIOR to going on a gluten free diet. PERIOD.

check out www.enterolab.com they can test you for gluten sensitivty. You have to be screened for Celiac by your doctor with a blood test while still consuming wheat, rye and barley. If you go gluten=free it takes only a couple weeks for antibodies to fall. You can still use the stool test while being gluten free or gluten light.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds